Frequent Contributor
ando35

How do you get a state tax lien vacated?

I have a paid tax lien from NY on my reports. I GWed them to get it removed and they said they can't but they sent a letter saying my tax lien was satisfied. However, it's already listed as paid so that does;t help. I thought if I mailed this to the cras they might removes but I think that you have to get the lien VACATED by a judge and then send a letter of that to the cras. But, how do I get a lien vacated?? It was correct and I paid it.

Established Contributor
Guava

Re: How do you get a state tax lien vacated?

I don't think you can have a tax lien vacated. Once you paid the lien it'd be shown paid/satissfied; on your reports you can dispute to have the lien deleted if it was erroneous, but I don't think you can vacate it. I could be wrong, hopefully other members will chime in

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
dalasdon

i spoke to the agency in south carolina regarding my liens, the people who posted them said i could have them purged from public record, meaning that public couldnt see them, but court system could, but that i had to submit requests.  

Valued Member
by2

Who are you going to submit the request to have them hidden.  I have a freind I am helping out and this would help much.  Can you send me the information or share on forum!!!

Thanks bunch.

Starting Score:TU 62611/07/2011
Current Score: 72704/23/2012
Starting Score:EQ 60511/07/2011
Current Score: 69012/20/2012
Goal Score: 760+
Take-the-FICO-Fitness-Challenge/Take-the-FICO-Fitness-Challenge-for-...">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
dalasdon

the individual who gave me the information was the tax assessor in the county office that filed the lien for the state, he informed me to contact the local state office to request information.

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Get it removed as a public record, then file a dispute with the CRA.  They wont be able to verify it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}