Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you improve a 434 credit score?

tag
irod1277
New Contributor

How do you improve a 434 credit score?

My sister and I were talking about credit scores she told me that she recently applied for an amazon card and was denied. The denial letter said her CS is 434 and she asked me for help improving it. I told her I would ask you guys and with her permission I am here asking for help for her.

I told her having a secured cc would be her first step. She is an au on most of her husbands accounts and they are all in good standing. Her debt is over 12 years old but the letter states that she has 60 days late on payments. As previously states she hasn't had any credit in 12 years and all of her husbands stuff is up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do you improve a 434 credit score?

First step is going to annualcreditreport.com and getting a copy of her free reports.  

After getting them, reviewing to find the negative items and see if there are any errors.  My score was that low 18 months ago and I had plenty of collections and Charge offs.  At one point I had 8 collections on my account.  Killed it.  

With that review, you can start to work on improvment.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 2 of 4
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Step 1 get credit report.
Step 2 dispute all old accounts as obsolete.

Step 3 enjoy new credit score.

If course the above is assuming her old accounts are in fact 12 yrs old and nothing recent is bad.. SOL for reporting is 7-7.5 years.

IF you find that is not the case (everything 12 years old) come back with what's on her report so we can help.

New revolving trade lines in her name will help.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 4
irod1277
New Contributor

She has done that but the creditor keep selling her accounts.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.