cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove accounts that were listed in bankruptcy...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you remove accounts that were listed in bankruptcy...?

Filed chapter 7, discharged 5 years ago. Is there a way to remove the accounts that show closed due to bankruptcy? I have seen another report where they had all the "negative" removed, not one showed. It shows the bankruptcy in the public records but the accounts themselves are removed. How do I go about removing those?
Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: How do you remove accounts that were listed in bankruptcy...?

@Anonymous wrote:
Filed chapter 7, discharged 5 years ago. Is there a way to remove the accounts that show closed due to bankruptcy? I have seen another report where they had all the "negative" removed, not one showed. It shows the bankruptcy in the public records but the accounts themselves are removed. How do I go about removing those?
Thanks!

Ch. 7 shows for 10 years, negative accounts will show for 7 years after first delinquincy. No way to remove that I know of...could try goodwill letter, but if you burned them in BK, I doubt they will remove.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is weird is the other parties credit report does not show any negative accounts and he had a foreclosure.... I figured there was a way.
Message 3 of 6
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What is weird is the other parties credit report does not show any negative accounts and he had a foreclosure.... I figured there was a way.

Just because I do not know of one, does not mean there is not one....I do not know everything...as hard as that may be to believe. Maybe someone else can chime in on a way to get it removed.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I u derstand. I haven't found anything that should support how he got everything deleted but the actual public record. 😔
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks!

The BK overshadows everything that came before it anyway. Just make sure everything get marked "IIB". What counts is what comes AFTER the BK. Establish new accounts and you score will grow quickly. It will top out in the low 700's until the BK drops off.

You may not even want those items removed due to their potential effects on your AAoA.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.