cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does everyone obtain their scores so frequently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does everyone obtain their scores so frequently?

I see all these scores being updated, where is a consumer able to obtain this info? I've got Credit Karma but I hear that's a FAKO score, how are you all seeing your FICOs? I'd love to know where I'm at, but don't want to apply for anything until I think we can get our mortgage pre approval.

Am I missing something or is the info all based off of approvals of credit?

thank you!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Goodness
Regular Contributor

Re: How does everyone obtain their scores so frequently?

I get my scores from myfico
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get my equifax from the myfico score watch for $14.95 a month, it emails me anytime my score changes and give me my new score. When I applied for a mortgage 2 weeks ago my lender score was only 10 points off from my score watch score here. I pay to pull the other two on here when I see a major score jump on my equifax.
Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I see all these scores being updated, where is a consumer able to obtain this info? I've got Credit Karma but I hear that's a FAKO score, how are you all seeing your FICOs? I'd love to know where I'm at, but don't want to apply for anything until I think we can get our mortgage pre approval.

Am I missing something or is the info all based off of approvals of credit?

thank you!

There are cards that provide them:

EX: FNBO Provides Fico 8 Bankcard Score monthly; PSECU Provides Fico 04 monthly

TU: Walmart & Discover Provide Fico 8 monthly, Barclays every 10 weeks or so does as well

EQ: DCU Provides Fico score with checking or credit card.

Some of the scores I post are Fakos: Credit Sesame,  MPM that I post is the same as Credit Karma.

I will also post Ficos that I obtain from recent CC approvals.

Message 4 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Ive been using creditsesame, creditkarma and quizzle to update my FAKO's for the FICOs Ive just been going off of my decline letters from companys Smiley Tongue Except comenity and amex, theirs is different it seems.

Cap1 does give me a monthly score but I havent bothered to figure out what it is, credit one does it too but takes forever to update.  Few other cards give periodic updates to "fico" scores.  (I use quotes because I have no idea if they are real ficos)

Message 5 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I get my EX score from PSECU.

I get my TU score from Barclays.  Before I had this account, I used to occasionally (every few months), do a TU pull from myFICO.

I get my EQ score from myFICO ScoreWatch, which is the best FICO monitoring sevice currently available to consumers.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 9
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

I beleive the score CapitalOne provides is their vantage score(FAKO). Barclaycard provides the TU FiCO score. SInce I'm signed up with score watch with myfico, I get my EQ FICO score update each time somemthing happens with my report.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 7 of 9
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Fox, keep in mind that even if you did purchases your scores here they may not be a good indicator of what a mortgage lender would pull. My Fico EQ used to be the 04 model, which mortgage lenders pull, but now it is the 08 model. TU on here is 98 model, which most lenders don't use so it's pretty useless. The free TU you get with say Barclays or Cap 1 is TU 08, which CC lenders use, but not mortgage lenders! Consumers can't really buy the scores mortgage lenders use. You can still get 'EQ 04 in some place though.

Vist sit the mortgage boards for more on this or do a forum search. 

The important thing is to know what's in your reports and clean them up. A good score is only an indicator of your file - as you get baddies off it will go up. I use My Fico to track what is now my EQ 08 score. I'm soon to be looking for a mortgage, so for that I pull my score from the EQ website, buying their Scorepower product, which IS 04. But you can really go crazy with the difference in scores - I also get my score from Barclays, Cap 1, Citi, and CK and there's so much variation, I've tried not to focus on the score, and more on the report. Tried Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 8 of 9
EW800
Valued Contributor

Here is what I do to stay on top of scores and reports, although I admit not the cheapest:

TU08:  FICO score from Discover one a month.  Barclay FICO score once every ten weeks or so.  

EQ 08:  I subscribe to myFICO ScoreWatch.  I set the target score to whatever my current EQ sscore is, therefore notified anytime there is a score change.   Also notified of any changes to the report.  

EXP 08: Every month or two I pull this score through myFICO.  There is almost always a 20% off promo code out there that I use.  

EQ 04: My 04 score is usually about 30 points lower than my 08 scores, so I pull this every two to three months from Equifax Score Power.  There is usually a 20% off promo code out that there I typically use.  

Report Monitoring:  I subscribe to MPM/EIDT.  They allow daily pulls, however I typically only pull every two or three days.  I disregard the scores from MPM.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.