Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does everyone stay patient?

tag
saberkitty
Valued Member

How does everyone stay patient?

This rebuilding stuff has made me absolutely nuts. I am constantly checking my scores and reading my reports. I have seen improvement and want fico to see, ok she's serious here's 100 points. How do yall keep your sanity and stay patient with all of this??
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
ptrain
Regular Contributor

Re: How does everyone stay patient?

I get it. Been there, it's like you are on a rollercoaster, constant ups and downs. I started with really low scores about 16 months ago.

I am addicted to credit reports, scores and especially these forums, lol.

Trust me, following the advice of the really smart people on this forum, my score/report and especially how I manage credit has steadily improved. Keep it up, stay the course, you'll be where you want to be in time.

Starting Score: 550 (Aug 2014)
Current Score: EX:639, EQ:654, TU:662
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I first started I was kind of freaking out lol

(and by kind of, I mean I was seriously freaking out)

For me it was seeing positive progress, I was nuts when nothing was happening.

We were being sued, and we had litterally just finished paying off DH's last big bill, so we'd finally be in a place to start looking at the old debt from 2013 and this storm hits. So then I was desperatley afraid that other people would sue, and I was considering selling off a whole bunch of stuff that I knew I wouldn't be able to get much for, or maybe I could pick up a second job (I already work full time and commute an hour each way... and I have a 5 year old) just so I could have the money to pay everyone everything ASAP....

but once things started moving in a positive direction with the suit and I realized we'd be fine, I cooled off a little. We are setting aside money right now, and we'll have everything to pay everyone in full before the end of the year, it was the plan before and it's still the plan. I'm only able to stay patient because I know doing something now might put us into a worse spot than if I wait until we have it all to pay in one lump sum (you know what they say about sleeping giants).

Message 3 of 24
saberkitty
Valued Member

I think I'm going to become an alcoholic before this is over lol
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain.  Really started paying attention about 9 months ago and went through a few months when I spent hours and hours reading every post here on MyFico!!  Do go to the Credit Card Forum and read the Garden Club thread.  It really helped me to realize everyone is watching the clock go tick, tick, tick as they wait for another month to post and hoping scores will improve.  Hang in there!!

Message 5 of 24
saberkitty
Valued Member

I am trying but I feel like this is consuming my life. All of my downtime is on here. LOL!
Message 6 of 24
J91605
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same boat. I spend hours looking at all this information. My girlfriend says I'll have to write a book with all that I'm learning. She's wrong. Who needs a book when you've got the forum and others.lol I guess we really don't have a choice but to be patient. So that's how we'll do it.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 7 of 24
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

I'm sure a lot of people on here go through the same feelings. I know that family wishes I would stop talking about everything I've learned here! I helped my Dad get his scores and then watched him get approved for a $3k Sams Club MC and now a Chase Freedom for $3k as well and I keep thinking I'll get those cards too! Soon!!! Hang in there!
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saberkitty wrote:
I am trying but I feel like this is consuming my life. All of my downtime is on here. LOL!

so true, oh, soooo true

Message 9 of 24
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

I am not patient at all, and I have spent just about my entire day off on this forum! It's so addicting, but I got a lot accompolished today as far as my credit reports. Sending letters, research CEO contacts, emailing other forum members, filing disputes with CRA's and complaints with BBB.

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.