Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does this even happen?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does this even happen?

I diputed a medical collection on my credit that was reporting as unpaid - it was included in my bankruptcy from 2010.  I get a letter from CSC Credit on 06/15/12 stating that it has been updated to show as included in the BK.  Today, I pull my CSC/Equifax and it is back to unpaid like it was before.  How does this even happen?  It doesn't show an updated reported date so I don't think that is the issue---it just changed.  Now I have all my papers to send BACK to CSC and get them to update AGAIN!  It's so tiresome, no wonder I pull my report almost every other day.  If I did my job as shoddy as this, I'd be fired.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Re: How does this even happen?

it does seem like there running a game. i hear you though, for a while i was running my credit every four days or so. its a pain

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How does this even happen?

I would put the CRA under the gun for their violation of FCRA 611(5)(B) by their reinsertion of previously reported information that was corrected by way of dispute, yet has now  been reinserted into your credit file.  They are prohibited from reinsertion of previous information that was deleted based on a dispute without fully complying with the provisions of section 611(5)(B), which begins with their consideration of a certification of accuracy submitted by the furnisher, and culminates with their requriement to have sent you written notice of the reinsertion within 5 days of the reinsertion.

Let them explain their lack of compliance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.