Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How exactly do banks see Inquiries?

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

How exactly do banks see Inquiries?

So before I found the Fourms I just applied thinking every card was the same (very dumb of me) but that's behind me. I've cleaned up all my debt, owe $100 to 1 card with a $1250 limit. I want to get a Venture One because it would fit my needs for now and the far future. I have 24 inquiries on EQ, 29 on TU, and 44 on EX, I haven't applied for a thing for 6 months and the last time I did (U.S Bank - Platinum) I was approved. How exactly would banks see this? Do you all think that my best option to getting approved for good cards is waiting till they all fall off? Or would I still have a chance? I would also consider the Citi AAdvantage, but from everything I've read it's really INQ sensitive?.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: How exactly do banks see Inquiries?

Op, everyone is different. However, I must admit that is among the highest amount of inquiries of seen. Definitely don't waste any more hard pulls on inq sensitive issuers. What's your score range? Depending on how high, you may have nothing to lose at this point, but honestly if it were me, I'd wait for them to fall off. It'll result in a higher score, worry the issuers less, and prob get you a higher limit when approved. Ymmv

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How exactly do banks see Inquiries?

@Creditplz wrote:
So before I found the Fourms I just applied thinking every card was the same (very dumb of me) but that's behind me. I've cleaned up all my debt, owe $100 to 1 card with a $1250 limit. I want to get a Venture One because it would fit my needs for now and the far future. I have 24 inquiries on EQ, 29 on TU, and 44 on EX, I haven't applied for a thing for 6 months and the last time I did (U.S Bank - Platinum) I was approved. How exactly would banks see this? Do you all think that my best option to getting approved for good cards is waiting till they all fall off? Or would I still have a chance? I would also consider the Citi AAdvantage, but from everything I've read it's really INQ sensitive?.

Hard to give any useful advice with so little information to work with.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.