cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How in the world do I handle this collection?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How in the world do I handle this collection?

I have no idea what this could be and it doesn't really give me any information so I can get it removed.  I'm lost and if any of you have seen this before how do I get rid of it?

The collection agency "190yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $590 originally owed to "Not Reported" on acct xxxx

This is all it says on my Eq report. 

Collection agency  Original balance  Current balance  Status Date assigned  Date reported  Date last active  Date paid  Date closed  Original lender  Account number  Type of account  Account holder  Type of credit  Payment status  Largest past balance  Amount past due  Account descriptions 
190yc00000
$590
$0
Paid
Feb 01, 2006
May 01, 2010
Jul 01, 2004
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
XXXXXXXXXXXX9417
Not Reported
Joint
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: How in the world do I handle this collection?

Probably a medical bill.  There isn't anyone listed in the actual collections section of the EQ report?  Mine looked similar, but there was a detailed profile on the mystery creditor.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the bottom of your credit report there should be contacts. I would try to look through those to see if I could put two in two together

Message 3 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Reports from third party sites often don't have all the information you need. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com it should have everything you need to identify the OC and CA. If you've already gotten the free reports for this year you can buy them directly from the CRA's.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay great thank you guys/gals, it is a medical collection that was paid in full a few years ago and had always been reported by Outsource Recievables.  And just earlier this year I asked that it be deleted and it was I wonder why its being reported again and in a mystery way?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why after being paid back in 2006 would they report in May of this year?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I called the CA Outsource and they said they don't know why it's reporting because they deleted it back on 9-29-2006, now what?

Message 7 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay so I called the CA Outsource and they said they don't know why it's reporting because they deleted it back on 9-29-2006, now what?

I would ask for something in writing from the CA confirming this should not be reporting and send this to the CRA's in a dispute.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive got one already from a few years ago from them should I get a newer one or would that do?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not? you get one free report from each cra every 12 months.

Check the credit contact list. There should be a contact for every bank, cc, loan, inquiry, and collection that is showing in your report.

Match them all up and maybe theres a lone one down there that might be the contact your looking for.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.