Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this affecting my score - Asset Acceptance x 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is this affecting my score - Asset Acceptance x 2

I have two collections with asset acceptance. DOLA on one is Aug 2004, the other is Nov 2005. On Transunion they are in the collection section but on Equifax, they are in open accounts section. They report as follow - see below. They are not installments of any sort, as listed. Also, in the recent payment section, it shows CO (charge off everymonth) up to current date. However, it says OK in Sept 2008, even though no payments have been made for years. Because these were opened in the past 2 years, that are really bringing down my scores, correct? Should I offer a PDF for these accounts.

Status as of [?] Dec, 2008 Date opened [?] Nov, 2007 Date of last activity [?] Dec, 2007 Date of last payment [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] XXXX[Edited] Loan type [?] Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection Credit limit [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Terms [?] 1 Month Account Type [?] Installment Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Report

Edited to remove personal or sensitive information. Please do not share this type of information on the forums.

--sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 01-06-2009 09:27 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is this affecting my score - Asset Acceptance x 2

first you should check a real CR directly from a CRA to verify how it is reporting.

then you should send a DV to verify they have the proper documentation and are the proper entity to a collect.

then you can decide whether to go after them for incorrect reporting or budge and just try to PFD.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the accounts beyond SOL or can you PIF?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither are beyond SOL, although one will be toward the end of this year. I can PIF on both.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As suggested, I would get your reports directly from the CRA. If you eligible, you can get your free annual reports.

If reported by a CA, and you can PIF to avoid a judgment if they were to file suit, then I would DV and then PFD if they properly validate.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.