cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long after paying CA before disputing

tag
bryantkd

How long after paying CA before disputing

I had 3 collections listed on my credit report and I got one of them to agree to a PFD but the other 2 refused.  The PFD has already happened and now I am thinking of disputing the other 2 to see if I can get them removed from my credit report.  Basically I am hoping that since the original debts were around $250 and have now been paid in full that the CA will not respond to the request from the Credit Bureaus.  Any suggestions on how I should phrase my dispute and how long I should wait to file them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long after paying CA before disputing

A PFD is a letter to the one reporting asking for a written guarantee of deletion in exchange for a payoff. If you already paid the other two, then you wouldn't send a PFD. Send a GW since it's paid. That might be why you aren't having any success.

Unless it is reporting inaccurately, don't dispute. A dispute could also hamper any GW success.

Message 2 of 4
bryantkd

I had previoulsy tried a PFD but they refused so I paid in full.  Would you suggest I send a GW or just dispute it and hope they do not respond

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the TL is reporting paid there is nothing to dispute and it is against the TOS of the forums to dispute accurate information.

If it is not reporting paid, how long ago did you pay them?

Sometimes a simple GW letter goes a long way.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.