Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before score recovers

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: How long before score is affected.

What kind of people work for these "companies"?

I always wonder.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Accounts only stay on your report from 7 to 7.5 years from the DOFD ( date of first deliquency ) of the account."

================

Actually Im wondering if something she was saying about 2007 was meant to confuse me now.

She was saying something about the doctor supposely 'holding' onto the bill until 2007, now that Im thinking about it. Not sure how she worded it, I'll have to see if I caught that part on the recording here later.

Is she trying to say that for 8 YEARS this office NEVER tried to collect on a debt, then in 2007 this was supposedly FINALLY considered a 'deliquency' ?

I mean, I dont see how I owe it at all to begin with given when my actual medical issues happened (2001 alone), but is this woman actually expecting me to believe that this business sat on a debt for EIGHT YEARS before considering it 'delinquent' ?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well THAT was FAST.

I called back and used the 'date of first deliquency'...as if I were just curious about it to the first rep that answered.

He got the one woman back on the line and...huh....she says now that shes closing the accounts ;-)

I wonder how that happened.

Shes mailing me something that says its closed and will supposedly contact the credit bureaus by friday.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP!

Im washing your cars for a month !

:-)

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

"What kind of people work for these "companies"?

I always wonder."

=====================

Not sure, but what Ive noticed is that its better to be nasty with them than trying to play nice.

They seem like my ex wife...being overly polite with them makes them think theyve got you in the palm of their hands and they can use their Jedi mind tricks.

For whatever reason if youre being a bit harsh with them they seem to stick to the details and facts more and dont do the predatory circling thing as much.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized I didnt really get the answer to the main question of 'how long will it take for my credit score to recover'.

NCS has supposedly closed these bogus items against me and the Credit bureaus should find out over the next while that they are to be removed...so if my credit score dropped because of these two items that will shortly be removed....does my score return to normal at that point.....or does it stay low and return to the previous level over some timeframe?

Im not going to be buying anything but citibank has informed me that when they do their 6 month check if my score is lower they may lower my credit limit.

I certainly dont need the limit they give me but its nice to have to brag about if nothing else, not to mention that its the only card I have that I can get the full available amount in cash if I ever wanted to. Nice to have as an option, even if I dont need it.

So assuming that over the next 30 days these items are entirely removed and I go back to having NO negative items on my credit report how long will it likely be before my score returns to the predamaged level?

:-)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.