Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take you to repair?

tag
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: How long did it take you to repair?

I started in late January of this year. I really didnt have that much to take care of, but it feels good none the less.  I am only Waiting on one PFD to actually come into fruition, currently been waiting 53 days for it to be deleted and its only on TU and EX. After that, I will be completely clear on all reports.  

Message 11 of 14
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Still very much in process, one month in. It's going to take me a while to get to 720+, but I've had one good win so far and I am clear on my strategies going forward. 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 12 of 14
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences! Really inspiring.

InvincibleSummer: yourexperience inspired me extra, because it sounds identitcal to mine. I have 5 defaulted SLs, a few collections, 1 judgement from 2008 (paid) and two COs. After July I'll have zero collections (hopefully), and I'm currently rehabbing my SLs too. The COs will be there though until 2015 and 2017 unfortunately, but I have two credit cards with good history (well one 30 day late last year due to me being effected by Sandy)...

And if you're scores are in the 600s, then that gives me hope for when my SLs are rehabbed in 6 months. Thank you!

Message 13 of 14
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

It made a HUGE difference in my scores. Although it can take extra time to make sure the reporting is accurate....I'm still in process there. But I got discouraged at the beginning too, people would post about 50 or 60 point jumps and I would think "I need like a 250 point increase!" But as long as things are moving the right way you're doing the right thing. 170 points isn't the 250 I was aiming for, but it sure as heck feels better than seeing that 480 on a lender pull did.

Also - I think rebuilding has made me more financially savvy in other ways. I have an emergency savings account for the first time in my entire adult life. With money in in and everything! I have a budget; sometimes it slips but I know where my money's going and for a looong time I didn't pay attention to any of that. I just spent until it was gone.

Last but not least - Kathy4NU, I am so glad to see you doing well! I remember reading your story. I had fair credit until my kiddo's cancer diagnosis, so I am always secretly thrilled when I see survivors coming back after they get better. Extra high fives to you.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.