cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I wait to apply for new credit ?

tag
Isaiah2990
Contributor

How long do I wait to apply for new credit ?

I tried applying for credit in the beginning of January and was denied for everything pretty much.. the main errors were 

SERIOUS DELINQUENCY, AND PUBLIC RECORD OR COLLECTION FILED

LENGTH OF TIME REVOLVING ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED

TIME SINCE DELINQUENCY

As of yesterday all my collections and chargeoffs have been paid. My last late payment was August 2012.. I currently have a USAA secured I opened up last month, and I am a AU for my gf's walmart store card. Should I just try to get another secured card..or just sit tight for a while ? thanks in advance!

Starting Score: FAKO EQ 497 EX 516 TU 517 (4.28.12)
Current Score: FICO EQ 587 (9.29.13) TU (GECRB) 596 (2.19.13) EX (USAA) 482 (3.12.13)
Goal Score: 700 all across the board!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How long do I wait to apply for new credit ?

I would start sending GW letters to have the collections and some lates removed.

Do you have a PR?

Some don't just look at your score, they look at your report also.  Meaning it depends on the creditor, some will not approve with any collections or COs on your report, paid or not.

I would wait a little longer to let your newer CC age a bit.

Message 2 of 5
Isaiah2990
Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

I would start sending GW letters to have the collections and some lates removed.

Do you have a PR?

Some don't just look at your score, they look at your report also.  Meaning it depends on the creditor, some will not approve with any collections or COs on your report, paid or not.

I would wait a little longer to let your newer CC age a bit.

The thing is I want to gw wells fargo dealer services about the lates on my car payments..but I was late about 5 or 6 times last year.. so I highly doubt they will. And the medical collection I have on file, I tried to get them to delete it, but they told me it was too late and if it was in collections under a year it would of been fine, but since it was over a year there wasn't anything they could do...So I kinda feel like I am stuck.

Current Score: FICO EQ 587 (9.29.13) TU (GECRB) 596 (2.19.13) EX (USAA) 482 (3.12.13)
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You will never know if a GW works or not until you send it.  All they can say is no and then you keep sending them.  Find someone else to send it to.

Who is reporting the medical collections?

Message 4 of 5
Isaiah2990
Contributor

LCA collections.. It's collection agency about 2 hours away. And you're right, I tried it before and they called me and said they couldn't do it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.