Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a deletion usually take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does a deletion usually take?

I finally recieved notice from Enhanced Acquistions that they will be removing themselves from all of my credit reports.  How long does this usually take?  I got the notice over a week ago and they are still on my report.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does a deletion usually take?

Depending on how they submitted the delete it could take 60 days.  I had an OC that agreed to delete..came off equifax and TU immediately but experian is still showing.  I'm giving it a few more days and then I will contact the OC again.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That long huh?  That sucks.  I need it now.  Doing a re-pull with my lender first of March.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give them a copy of the agree to delete...they can rapid rescore

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Eastern Account Systems remove a Collection from my EX report. I put in the request on Jan 14, came off today! So it took about a month, but I kept disputing it and calling the OC, CA and EX consistently. I guess, they got tired of my badgering and removed it? It doesn't show up on my report anymore! Smiley Happy

I had Enhanced Recovery reporting to EQ and TU and they deleted it almost in less than a week. So I think EX is pretty thorough when it comes to deletions! 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a couple removals in exchange for full payment and have been told up to 90 days if I pay with debit/credit card or up to 30 days using check by phone.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was the result of a CFPB complaint.  The company responded that they would cease all collections, recall the account and delete it from my reports.  I would think they would get it done as my attorney sent them a letter too stating that if we have not seen results in 20 days he would begin litigation.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definitely something to the tune of a watched pot never boils! 

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally recieved notice from Enhanced Acquistions that they will be removing themselves from all of my credit reports.  How long does this usually take?  I got the notice over a week ago and they are still on my report.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously believe it depends on which CRA it is. 

In my experience, EX deletes as fast as the request is submitted. TU takes about a 5-7 days, and EQ......I haven't been able to get anything deleted with out either BBB/CFPB complaints or disputing the account the CA has already requested deletion for. 

I hate dealing with EQ.

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Typical times using the electronic e-oscar system are 3-5 business days, for manual reporting 30-60 days. All times are from the time they actually submit the update.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.