cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a score increase generally take after deletes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does a score increase generally take after deletes?

I disputed quite a few items on my CR a while back and 13 out of 19 were deleted. No score bump as of yet. They are all from within the past 3 years. I know it's a marathon not a sprint but I'm anxious to know what I'm working with before I start PFD's. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does a score increase generally take after deletes?

Another question I forgot to ask. 

I got a car through Drivetime in August of 2005. I defaulted in October or November of 2005 and it was repo'd soon after. I disputed it because it shouldn't be reporting any longer. I never contacted them after defaulting at all to this day. Looking at my credit report it now says OK through March of 2005. ND or No data through Jan of 2009, OK from Feb 2009 to October 2012 and then OK for Nov 2012. Um what the heck? I've never contacted these people how was it ever ok. To top it off it says Status: 
Repossession/Never late. $10,644 past due as of Nov 2012. So I was never late on a repo'd car? Are they trying to say im on some payment plan so they can continue reporting this? I want this off so bad. It's the biggest baddie on my CR. Should I contact the BBB?  

Message 2 of 3
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long does a score increase generally take after deletes?

I have found that a FICO score bumps same day you see the deletion and so does TU FAKO, however with  EX FAKO sometimes nothing happens,just got 3 baddies off with them this week and score has not moved.

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed quite a few items on my CR a while back and 13 out of 19 were deleted. No score bump as of yet. They are all from within the past 3 years. I know it's a marathon not a sprint but I'm anxious to know what I'm working with before I start PFD's. Thanks

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.