cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for AU account to show on my CR?

tag
Suthrncomfrt1884
Valued Member

How long does it take for AU account to show on my CR?

I'm in the process of rebuilding, and doing fairly well so far.  I'm waiting for 2 more chargeoffs to fall of my reports in february and march of next year, but in the meantime I'm working to build a good credit history.  

I was recently added as an AU on one of my parents CC's.  The account is 15-20 years old with no lates and it's always paid in full every month with a 20k CL.  This account will definitely improve my credit but it's still not showing on my CR's.  

They added me last month, and I was assuming it would post after their closing date (the 3rd), but it hasn't showed up yet.  I don't have a card, I was just wanting the account history.  Do I actually need to use a card before it will show up, or is Capital One just taking their sweet time?  

Any info would be great.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How long does it take for AU account to show on my CR?

No you don't need to have a card or use one, it will show up eventually.

Have your parents call the CCC and ask about it.

Some AU accounts don't report.

Message 2 of 9
Suthrncomfrt1884
Valued Member

They have not called, but this is Capital One and I've been told by  many people on here that they do actually report.  I know when I've had capital one accounts in the past, it has taken them close to two months to get something on my CR, but I didn't think it would be the same when being added as an AU.  

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Cap 1 is slow in reporting even AU accounts.

I think it took one poster 4 months for it to show up.

Message 4 of 9
Suthrncomfrt1884
Valued Member

Just an update...  it reported a few days ago.  It improved the AAoA and my payment history, but unfortunately my utilization went from 1% to 3%.  I didn't see a jump in my credit score like I had hoped, would the utilization be what caused this?  I also noticed that on my experian credit report, it's showing as an AU.  I was hoping it wouldn't report as that.  

Any other ideas as to why this wouldn't have improved my score?  I'm nearing 700 and was hoping this would push me to it so I can start shopping for mortgage loans.  

Message 5 of 9
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Suthrncomfrt1884 wrote:

Just an update...  it reported a few days ago.  It improved the AAoA and my payment history, but unfortunately my utilization went from 1% to 3%.  I didn't see a jump in my credit score like I had hoped, would the utilization be what caused this?  I also noticed that on my experian credit report, it's showing as an AU.  I was hoping it wouldn't report as that.  

Any other ideas as to why this wouldn't have improved my score?  I'm nearing 700 and was hoping this would push me to it so I can start shopping for mortgage loans.  

Mortgage lenders don't take into account AU's just FYI. 

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 6 of 9
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Unless you have high utilization, and a very short AAOA, being added as an AU usually doesn't amount to much.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Suthrncomfrt1884
Valued Member

Well I currently have 3 low limit credit cards, an auto loan, a 5 year AAoA, no late payments on anything in 5 years, but I just started rebuilding so only one of my credit accounts is older than 6 months. I have 3 closed/payed/never late auto loans, and two closed credit card accounts. I'm just wondering if I will have enough credit history to get a mortgage.
Message 8 of 9
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Plenty of history. Largest factor will be your income and length of time at your employer. Assuming you have scores in the mid 600's or higher obviously.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.