Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take?

tag
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

How long does it take?

Hello everyone,

I was past due on a synchrony account and I was late every month just 1 payment so it wouldnt hurt my credit, with thanksgiving being at my house i got caught up in the mayham and forgot to pay it and paid it a day later, how long will the 30 day take to show up on my credit report?

Also,

Has anyone had any luck sending a goodwill letter with this bank?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take?

@timmis1127 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I was past due on a synchrony account and I was late every month just 1 payment so it wouldnt hurt my credit, with thanksgiving being at my house i got caught up in the mayham and forgot to pay it and paid it a day later, how long will the 30 day take to show up on my credit report?

Also,

Has anyone had any luck sending a goodwill letter with this bank?

Thanks!

Are you saying your payment was only a day late?  If so, it won't be reported.  If you were actually 30 days or more late then it will probably show up in a month or two.

Message 2 of 7
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

I was 30 days late 

Message 3 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

like Irish said, 1-2 months and then the late payment will appear.
Message 4 of 7
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

I am terrified to whats going to happent to my score. Has anyone had success with a GW letter?

Message 5 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

A good will letter isn't going to work right after the event. If it were to work down the road, usually you would get the goodwill by showing the lender steady on time payments.

A 30 day late is going to ding your score up to 80 points if you are around 680. If you are above 720, the hit is harder with nearly 100 points. I'm sorry op! This is not the news you would want to hear I know.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being payments are 30% of a credit score, the 30 day late will have a big impact unfortunately.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.