cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it typically take for the CRA to update the CRs?

tag
retroAction
Contributor

How long does it typically take for the CRA to update the CRs?

I paid off a WF card which historically shows an updated date as the 18th of each month. The card has still not updated on my CR to show the 0 balance. Am I expecting the reporting to happen too quickly? How long does it typically take the CR to update?

I’m guessing that there are 3 steps involved:

1. Statement close date on the 18th.

2. WF submits an update to the CRA. (Does this happen immediately?)

3. Each CRA processes the updates and posts them. (Does this happen immediately?)

Same thing with a Walmart card that I was removed as an AU from last month which reports on the 20th.

(I'm planning to apply for a lease this weekend so I am hoping that these will both update by that time. Unrealistic?)

Current Score: EQ Fico 651 (5/22/2012)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Credit Rebuild Project Log
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long does it typically take for the CRA to update the CRs?

Most all of my CCs update within 2-3-4-5 days of the statement date. I also have a WF CC and it seems like it starts updating a couple days post-statement. Most of my cards update to EX first and TU last, sometimes over 3-4 days between each other on the high side. My mileage vairies based on the CC.

I think your CRs will update by this weekend.

Message 2 of 6
retroAction
Contributor

Hello,

It has now been almost 2 weeks since the day that I thought Wal-Mart would report to the CRAs (The 20th.) I have a letter that a received from Wal-Mart which states that a request was sent to the major CRAs to delete the trade line as of 6/19. Can I fax this letter to the CRAs to speed up this process? Am I risking a dispute flag if I do so? I am waiting on this to take place before I move forward with an auto purchase.

Thank you!

Current Score: EQ Fico 651 (5/22/2012)
Goal Score: 720

My Credit Rebuild Project Log
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you already received statements and it's been a couple of weeks since the last, then you can try. There will be a dispute comment, but you can only dispute reported accounts. If it hadn't reported yet, then you wouldn't be able to dispute.

Message 4 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

IME, usually experian is first to update.  Sometimes, experian updates on the same day of the statement.  Depending on the creditor, though, sometimes equifax will update first.  The other (either experian or equifax depending on which one was first) will follow within about 2 days.  For all of my accounts, transunion always takes the longest to update.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

IME, usually experian is first to update.  Sometimes, experian updates on the same day of the statement.  Depending on the creditor, though, sometimes equifax will update first.  The other (either experian or equifax depending on which one was first) will follow within about 2 days.  For all of my accounts, transunion always takes the longest to update.

Im actually having more problems with accounts not updating with EQ.  I had my WF card's first statement on 6/18 and it reported to TU first about 3 days later (later that afternoon to EQ - not sure when EX updated).  My Cap1 statement cut 6/24 and it has yet to report to any CR's.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.