cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does late/slow pays affect you for CC approvals?

tag
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

How long does late/slow pays affect you for CC approvals?

Ok tried to research but would rather hear from experience. I have 1 negative mortgage on my equifax at the moment (split file) and I'm curious how long it takes you to recover from late payments. right now it says I'm 7 months since last late payment and discover denied me because of "serious deli". How soon do you recover from that? Mind you I had 8 ontime then wife got sick went to rolling 30 for 6 months then 90, 120, 60, current. Thats how the payments went when I was able to get caught up on the mortgage and then it got sold to another lender..long story short right now they wont do a goodwill deletion stating we have to report..yada yada yada.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does late/slow pays affect you for CC approvals?

Just taking a stab at it, but I'd guess 6-12 months

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

Ok tried to research but would rather hear from experience. I have 1 negative mortgage on my equifax at the moment (split file) and I'm curious how long it takes you to recover from late payments. right now it says I'm 7 months since last late payment and discover denied me because of "serious deli". How soon do you recover from that? Mind you I had 8 ontime then wife got sick went to rolling 30 for 6 months then 90, 120, 60, current. Thats how the payments went when I was able to get caught up on the mortgage and then it got sold to another lender..long story short right now they wont do a goodwill deletion stating we have to report..yada yada yada.

As a general rule, lates that are less than 120 days affect scores for 24 months, lates of 120 days or more effect scores for the entire time they are on the report.

Message 3 of 10
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

No real way to know, but I have to think creditors would be nervous approving with lates within the last year. I would wait two years to be sure.

Message 4 of 10
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

well even with those lates I went on a app spree since it was 7months since last one and Got 

Virgin America visa 2300

Gander Mountain mastercard 1500

Good sams mastercard 1000

HSN 4000

Buckle 900

Kay Jewelers 1500

FingerHut 600 

Abercrombie and Fitch 250

Valero 300

Was going for Chase, Discover and BB&T and they all stated the serious del, little bank card history, multiple inquiries (duh)

So we shall garden for a year and hope these cards grow. The BK is now only showing on my Experian, TU's was gone before my equifax split file situation but still shows 15accts IIB. I'm just hoping my Equifax stays split Smiley Sad I would rather work with a recent late vs BK and 15 Accts derog. 

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two accounts with lates - (always 30 days)    My old car loan has 7 - last one about a year old (11/14) but the car was paid off in March 2015.....Other car loan has 2 - last one 5/14.    

I still was able to get cards when I applied in August through present - and not horrible ones either - see my signature.......All those were app'd since the end of August 2015. 

Message 6 of 10
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

ok cool, I'm really trying to get all of the IIB on my other reports and the mortgage co to do a goodwill to deletes the tradelines if not oh well still better than where I was. gotta wait 12 months anyway had zero inq after split now I have 33 Smiley Surprised so garden we go. By then the lates will be over 1.5 yrs old (if it sticks) and inquires gone bye bye and history on the new TL's

edit: off subject I noticed in your sig your myfico hasnt updated either...whats weird was I actually paid for a seperate 1b for equifax and all the scores changed but the main fico08 it hasnt moved from the 598 pre split..however my mortgage and bankcard 08 are at 640+/- . Wonder whats going on with myfico and EQ.

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 day late, 15 months old. Open Account.

Charge Off, 13 months old.  Paid in Full.

I'm stuck.  For me...Chase wants 24 months, Discover, who the $%^& knows, AmEx wants 3 years...and sweet, beautiful Citi, whom I want to love and cherish their card, I will attempt at 27 months 60 day late, 2 yrs Charge Off.

Message 8 of 10
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

well the mortgage company removed all the pay information and I got a 75 point jump on equifax

Untitled1.jpg

Now hopefully my equifax will stay that way

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

edit: off subject I noticed in your sig your myfico hasnt updated either...whats weird was I actually paid for a seperate 1b for equifax and all the scores changed but the main fico08 it hasnt moved from the 598 pre split..however my mortgage and bankcard 08 are at 640+/- . Wonder whats going on with myfico and EQ.

My EQ hasn't updated because I can't pull reports until Monday again.....I use CCT - so I have to wait and I don't have a qay to pull EQ from anywhere else (ie. my cc's pull TU and EX)  but according to CK that score is all over the place-so I'm just waiting!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.