cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does removal as 'authorized user' take to drop off my credit report?

tag
DDS7
Established Member

How long does removal as 'authorized user' take to drop off my credit report?

My boyfriend added me as an authorized user on his Barclay's Financing Visa without first discussing it with me. I found out when I saw it on my credit report! I called Barclay to ask what this card-which is not mine-was doing on my credit report. They tracked it down to my boyfriend as the owner. They removed me as of 10 minutes ago. I wonder how long it will take for this card to drop off my report?? The utilization on the card is about 90% as he just got the card last month and bought a new macbook pro on it. It's going to take him several months to pay it off. I really want my credit report to just reflect my own finances, not someone else's finances which are out of my control.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: How long does removal as 'authorized user' take to drop off my credit report?

30-60 days Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
DDS7
Established Member

Re: How long does removal as 'authorized user' take to drop off my credit report?

Thanks. Yeah I figured at least 30 days.

It's so strange that all he did was add my *name* to his card without my social security number..how did they track down the right person by just my name without my ss#.

Anyway, I told him to never do that again and I want to keep our finances separate. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DDS7 wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I figured at least 30 days.

It's so strange that all he did was add my *name* to his card without my social security number..how did they track down the right person by just my name without my ss#.

Anyway, I told him to never do that again and I want to keep our finances separate. Smiley Tongue

Do you live together?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.