Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for EQ dispute removal?

tag
jwills1218
Regular Contributor

How long for EQ dispute removal?

Hello all,

I disputed 3 items and the results are in!

1. Late payments on room store account. They deleted the 6 year old credit from my file.

2. Merrick bank had a 30 day late in 2008. It says: The results are: The status of this account has been updated. The prior paying history on this account has been updated. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item. Historical account information was deleted from this account. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Merrick Bank

Does that mean the late is removed?

3. Cap 1 AU on an account with lates this year has been deleted from my profile.

How quickly will I see these deleted off my report?
8/14/2014
EQ: 604
TU: 607
EXP: 610

8/22/14
607, 612, 629
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jwills1218
Regular Contributor

Re: How long for EQ dispute removal?

Got the results from TU and they removed 2 negative items off my report!!

8/14/2014

8/22/14
607, 612, 629
Message 2 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Typically, CRA investigations can take upwards of 30 days, then 45 days for a reinvestigation.

If you disputed online through e-oscar, the longer it takes usually indicates something good headed your way.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Transunion is my favorite to deal with. There fast and usually in your favor. The other to tards rely to much on E-Oscar which is a system that isn't alway correct. I have been disputing with Experian and Equifax over a Tax Lien that was extinguished from the records where I live but they seem to be verifying it through E-Oscar(Again not a good system). Transunion said that they couldn't verify it exists anymore so they deleted it within 5 days of them getting my letter. This is my 2nd attempt to warn Experian and Equifax, so if they come back again with the same info then off to CFPB I go.
Message 4 of 7
jwills1218
Regular Contributor

About how long after you recieve a resolution do you see it updated in your score?
8/14/2014

8/22/14
607, 612, 629
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwills1218 wrote:
About how long after you recieve a resolution do you see it updated in your score?
Immediately.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes Transunion is my favorite to deal with. There fast and usually in your favor. The other to tards rely to much on E-Oscar which is a system that isn't alway correct. I have been disputing with Experian and Equifax over a Tax Lien that was extinguished from the records where I live but they seem to be verifying it through E-Oscar(Again not a good system). Transunion said that they couldn't verify it exists anymore so they deleted it within 5 days of them getting my letter. This is my 2nd attempt to warn Experian and Equifax, so if they come back again with the same info then off to CFPB I go.

Everyone has different experience. I have had alot of luck with Experian and TransUnion.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.