cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for IRS lien removal to show up?

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

How long for IRS lien removal to show up?

The IRS sent the removal letter to my husband's house (did not send me a copy, even though MY address was all over it).  He won't forward it to me, but did tell me that it was dated mid-Nov.  How long should it take for the liens to stop reporting?  I did specifically request the IRS to notify the CRAs.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

Re: How long for IRS lien removal to show up?

I sent my request to the IRS and never received a notice of removal from them.  I did notice the lien was removed from all three CRA's within 14 days.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Did you get an alert or did you pull the info to check... I'm currently waiting.  They've received my letter/form about a week ago and I've heard nothing back yet.  This waiting is so nerve wracking!

cc's copy
Message 3 of 7
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Did you also specifically specify for them to notify the CRA's?  I did this as well just like the OP.

cc's copy
Message 4 of 7
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

I didn't get an alert  nor did I notify the CRA's.  I completed the form on the IRS website and faxed it to the IRS office for my region.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Wow, that's fantastic.  Have you seen an increase in your score yet and if you have, how big of a difference was it from before?  Sorry for all the questions.  Smiley Tongue

cc's copy
Message 6 of 7
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

The letter from the IRS was dated 11/10 and it is still showing up on my daily USAA pulls. Smiley Sad  Am I going to have to convince him to send it to me to send on to the CRAs or is there another way to get this done?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.