cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a credit card to show on your credit report ???

tag
baseballmom83

How long for a credit card to show on your credit report ???

I applied for and was approved for a Capital one platinum card with a 300.00 limit. I am eligible for a credit line increase after 5 months of on time payments. I got this card in late May. My first payment wasn't due for a few days now. I already paid it last week. When will it show on my credit report ? I have no lines of creidt right now because I filed a chapter 7. So this was my first card in the process of rebuilding. Also, how much should it help raise my score to have this credit line open and making on time payments ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long for a credit card to show on your credit report ???

@baseballmom83 wrote:

I applied for and was approved for a Capital one platinum card with a 300.00 limit. I am eligible for a credit line increase after 5 months of on time payments. I got this card in late May. My first payment wasn't due for a few days now. I already paid it last week. When will it show on my credit report ? I have no lines of creidt right now because I filed a chapter 7. So this was my first card in the process of rebuilding. Also, how much should it help raise my score to have this credit line open and making on time payments ?

It can take a few months  for it to show up, I would suspect it will after your next statement cycle date. As far as how much score you will gain its impossible to tell you as its based on your entire credit profile but you should receive some points for opening the card. Time is your best friend in the game of credit and your BK is fresh so its going to take some time, best thing you can do is be sure all your IIB accounts are reporting that way and nothing is out  of order on your CRs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.