Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a new credit card to start reporting...best plan to get on MYFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for a new credit card to start reporting...best plan to get on MYFICO

Been working on Credit a few months have gotten a few baddies PFD. im in low 600s , got the opensky secured card last month will i see a jump in my score in first month? I have a mortgage currently and is reporting good(1 30 day late in Jan of 2014) so the things hurting my scores are no revolving credit open , just the one card from opensky and i have 3 medical collections totaling under $300 im trying to get a pfd on these I want to pull my scores once the opensky starts reporting what is the best MYFICO plan to use? id probably want to monitor for a few months (does this count as a hard pull?)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dt3813
Regular Contributor

Re: How long for a new credit card to start reporting...best plan to get on MYFICO

I've been finding mine report once the first statement cuts......

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 2 of 7
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: How long for a new credit card to start reporting...best plan to get on MYFICO

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to pull my scores once the opensky starts reporting what is the best MYFICO plan to use? id probably want to monitor for a few months (does this count as a hard pull?)

You can pull your own scores as many times as you like, they are YOUR scores, this does not count as a hard pull.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Been working on Credit a few months have gotten a few baddies PFD. im in low 600s , got the opensky secured card last month will i see a jump in my score in first month? I have a mortgage currently and is reporting good(1 30 day late in Jan of 2014) so the things hurting my scores are no revolving credit open , just the one card from opensky and i have 3 medical collections totaling under $300 im trying to get a pfd on these I want to pull my scores once the opensky starts reporting what is the best MYFICO plan to use? id probably want to monitor for a few months (does this count as a hard pull?)

When you pull your own reports through a third party like MyFico, its always a soft pull.

You should get a score boost when the opensky card reports. You can use a free site like Credit Karma to monitor your reports for when it shows up as a new account. Once its reporting, go to Capital One and apply for an unsecured QS1 card. Wait for that card to report,, then apply for a second Cap One card.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So 3 credit cards? I have my mortgage every month reporting and a personal loan that reports that was paid off with no baddies...I do want to get best score possible when i can but for now i have to gain about 30-40 pts to get approved for mortage as want to sell and move

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So 3 credit cards? I have my mortgage every month reporting and a personal loan that reports that was paid off with no baddies...I do want to get best score possible when i can but for now i have to gain about 30-40 pts to get approved for mortage as want to sell and move

Yes if you want to build your Fico you have to do it with revolving credit that is where the bulk of score combined with payment history is. 30% is based on revolving util, 35% on payment history

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, 3 cards will give you the best score growth. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.