Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for deletion to show?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for deletion to show?

I sent a GW letter to a CA (Meridian Financial) and received in the mail yesterday a copy of my letter with a copy of a form that looks like it gos to the CRA with the delete box checked.  The form was dated 7/10.  I assume this means they faxed the form, if they did how long will it take to show (still on my report as of this morning), or do you think I need to send this myself?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long for deletion to show?

I just got a response to my GW letter from a company and they said to allow 30-60 days for the mark to be deleted. They also explicitly stated that they had contacted the CRAs to have the deletion completed. If Meridian didn't specifically say they took care of it, I might still dispute with the CRA myself. I don't think it could hurt. Or you could wait the 30-60 days and then dispute if it's not deleted by then.
Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

MY CA sent the delete request 3 weeks ago, EX and EQ have already deleted. TU still reporting on it. 
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your time could vary.

Once the creditor submits the request, the CRA can take up to 60 days to update. I would allow at least 30 before doing anything.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.