cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for inqs to disappear off report?

tag
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

How long for inqs to disappear off report?

I probably just need to be a bit more patient, however recent cr pulls from ccms are STILL showing inqs from 6/7/2010 and 6/10/10. I know that in theory those inqs are no longer factored into my score but I also have a slew (approx 5-6) inqs that have/will age to one year between 6/25/12 and 7/6/12 from a car purchase last year. Seeing those old inqs on my reports almost a month after they should have aged off makes me worry that the year old inqs will linger as a scoring factor for a month or three longer than they should. At what point should I be concerned that the 2+ yrs inqs are still on my report and what can I do to make them go away?
Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Re: How long for inqs to disappear off report?

Inquiries stay on your CR's for 2yrs and about a month I'd say. I would dispute them with the CRA if they dont fall off. Smiley Happy

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 2 of 8
ceejx
Established Contributor

someone posted earlier that FICO's own website mentions that they only matter for the first 12 months, second 12 months they are still visible on the report but don't factor in 

Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@seigex wrote:

someone posted earlier that FICO's own website mentions that they only matter for the first 12 months, second 12 months they are still visible on the report but don't factor in 

That is correct, regardless of how long they stay on your report they are only included in FICO scoring for the first year.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Sweet! Smiley LOL

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 5 of 8
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@seigex wrote:

Inquiries
Published 05/11/2007 12:49 PM   |    Updated 03/23/2012 09:08 AM

How long do inquiries stay on my credit report?

Inquiries remain on your credit report for two years, although FICO® scores only consider inquiries from the last 12 months. FICO scores do a good job of distinguishing between a search for many new credit accounts and rate shopping for one new account.

Straight from this website haha..

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 8
ceejx
Established Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@seigex wrote:

Inquiries
Published 05/11/2007 12:49 PM   |    Updated 03/23/2012 09:08 AM

How long do inquiries stay on my credit report?

Inquiries remain on your credit report for two years, although FICO® scores only consider inquiries from the last 12 months. FICO scores do a good job of distinguishing between a search for many new credit accounts and rate shopping for one new account.

Straight from this website haha..

There we go, thanks.. lol, sorry I was too lazy to look for them myself, been a long day (week? month?) at work...

Message 7 of 8
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I guess I'll wait until the end of July to see if those June 2010 inqs fall off my report. If they're still there I'll dispute with cra. It's just frustrating that it takes another 30-45 days for things to fall off. On a positive note though, I did have 2 different accts with 30 day dinqs that shouldn't have fallen off until sep/oct that have already disappeared. So that's good as I'd take a 30 day derog being gone early for an inq hanging on longer than it should any day. I did see an 8 pt fako increase once those old delinqs were gone (at least I think it was from those being gone. The only other thing that changed was my cc was another month older).
Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.