cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for new card to report to CRA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for new card to report to CRA's?

Re-building has become a part-time job for me. I monitor things daily. Maybe obsessive, but watching the progress feels good.

Question: I opened a Quicksilver card 45 days ago and my 1st statement cut today. It has never reported to the CRA's as a new and opened card. (The HP reported on the day of.) Other cards and store accounts report within a couple of days from opening. Is this a CapOne quirk (slow reporting)? 

Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long for new card to report to CRA's?

Common question from lots of folks!

If you type in "capital one not reporting" into the search bar here, you'll see how common it is

My C1 cards reported super fast. Others have had it take 2-3 statements.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Common question from lots of folks!

If you type in "capital one not reporting" into the search bar here, you'll see how common it is

My C1 cards reported super fast. Others have had it take 2-3 statements.

Thanks for letting me know! I should have checked. My other CapOne reported within days of opening, so I was surprised about QS. Going to go reading now.

Message 3 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

My Cap 1 opened somewhere around 9/20. Two statements later, still not reporting. Meh.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a Cap1 card in Oct. I've gone through 2 billing cycles now and it still hasn't reported . Hoping it reports in January.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just chatted with a rep on the site who assured me that they had reported to the CRA's and this was the CRA's fault. All 3? I don't think so. Disappointing. Would it light a fire to call and speak to a manager tomorrow? Or would I be wasting my time?

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSRs read from a script.

You should be thankful it's taking a long time. The longer it takes, the better your AAoA is and the further away you are from the AoYA penalty. It'll report back to the original app date with aging built in!

I love cards that take months to report!
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't think of that. The QS has the highest SL of my 3 cards, so I was thinking util%. But my util% is 2-3%, so I guess nothing to worry about?

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't think of that. The QS has the highest SL of my 3 cards, so I was thinking util%. But my util% is 2-3%, so I guess nothing to worry about?

Some folks with 3% aggregate utilization have a lot to worry about but since all of the fake credit simulators only focus on aggregate utilization, they don't realize it.

Aggregate utilization matters a lot but FICO also looks at individual card utilization for scoring purposes.  So even if a person has just 3% aggregate utilization (say they report $300 balance total on $10,000 in total limits), they may still get dinged if all of that utilization is on one low limit card ($300/$500 = 60% utilization on one card).

I never suggest apping for cards just for aggregate utilization purposes: anyone who does this is already in over their head because they're playing the fresh debt game and typically instead of lowing overall utilization, they end up charging up the new card!

In terms of rebuilding, it's always better for a new card to first report as late as possible because it helps it age with less of a new account penalty for sure.  One reason I liked getting in with Amex in November is that I didn't have to worry about playing the utilization game until the second statement cut date!  I used that to maximize my interest rate return on my credit card payments account.

That being said, with some lenders you just will never know when they report.  I have a zero interest boat loan reporting that I just want to pay to $0 but I am letting it report so I can see the effects of installment utilization -- but the stupid bank reports the balance due from 3 months ago!  Very frustrating.

Some lenders may even do that: you'll have just ONE MONTH where you accidentally report 80% utilization but paid it off to $0 but the lender may take 2-3 months to actually report the new balance.

Don't hassle the lender about it unless you go 3 statements + 15 days since last update (or first update).  Then there's an obvious problem somewhere, but front line CSRs won't be able to help you.  In those cases, a letter to underwriting or the executive office is warranted.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.