Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is too long to wait for PFD?

tag
Ambular1304
Contributor

How long is too long to wait for PFD?

I paid a recent medical collection in February of this year and they sent a letter as proof of payment and that they were going to request a deletion from all 3 CRAs... Well I'm going on 60 plus days of nothing, not even it being updated as a paid. I'm losing my mind here. My scores were on the up and up and then this medical collections hits at the end of last year and there went all my hard work. FYI it was an oversight on me thinking if I have Kaiser and go to the ER I'll see a kaiser doctor. And it wasn't the case. My bad anywho this damn collection has been holding me back from any good CLI and my scores getting better. What should be my next step? Should I dispute and send my letter? Should I go through BBB? Anyone ever deal with Escallate? I'm losing motivation on attempting to clean up my reports!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long is too long to wait for PFD?

@Ambular1304 wrote:

I paid a recent medical collection in February of this year and they sent a letter as proof of payment and that they were going to request a deletion from all 3 CRAs... Well I'm going on 60 plus days of nothing, not even it being updated as a paid. I'm losing my mind here. My scores were on the up and up and then this medical collections hits at the end of last year and there went all my hard work. FYI it was an oversight on me thinking if I have Kaiser and go to the ER I'll see a kaiser doctor. And it wasn't the case. My bad anywho this damn collection has been holding me back from any good CLI and my scores getting better. What should be my next step? Should I dispute and send my letter? Should I go through BBB? Anyone ever deal with Escallate? I'm losing motivation on attempting to clean up my reports!!

I would suggest you call them and remind them of their agreement if you dont get anywhere then file BBB complaint.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How long is too long to wait for PFD?

CRA policy is that furnishers should not delete based on payment of the debt, so I would not pursue deletion by dispute with the CRAs.

The reporting is accurate.

I would advise either a complaint with the BBB over their shoddy business practice, or sending an intent to sue letter for breach of their oral contract.

Threat of suit may get their attention, as they most likely have phone conversations supporing your assertion of oral contract, which would be discoverable should you brnng legal action.........

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.