cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait before pulling a new CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long should I wait before pulling a new CR?

Just wondering about how long I should wait before pulling a new report if I just received word that a few things are being deleted. I know the CRs have up to 30-45 days to update(correct?), but want to see the changes!!!. Praying for patience, not my strong point.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How long should I wait before pulling a new CR?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering about how long I should wait before pulling a new report if I just received word that a few things are being deleted. I know the CRs have up to 30-45 days to update(correct?), but want to see the changes!!!. Praying for patience, not my strong point.

I'd recommend waiting at least 30 days, or at least until the next statement cycle for the account has been processed ( assuming that it is still open ).

Typically the delay is on the creditor's side ~ once the CRAs get the request to update/delete they usually process it within a few days.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks pizzadude. I am anxious to see the results, but will try to wait it out.

Message 3 of 12
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I know it can get a little pricey but I would subscribe to one of the CRA's sites that you can pull from for free as much as you want (all 3, EX, EQ and TU offer it through their sites) average runs about $15.00/mo but you can pull reports daily for free from that CRA (other sites cost you)... Even if you subscribe to 1 you can see whats come off, wait a week and pull from Myfico and see where you are at...

Hope that helps!

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

(know it can get a little pricey but I would subscribe to one of the CRA's sites that you can pull from for free as much as you want (all 3, EX, EQ and TU offer it through their sites) average runs about $15.00/mo but you can pull reports daily for free from that CRA (other sites cost you)... Even if you subscribe to 1 you can see whats come off, wait a week and pull from Myfico and see where you are at...

Hope that helps!)

Yea, I am doing SW here, but don't want waste a pull if nothing has come off yet. I might look into that.

Message 5 of 12
FrugalRican
Blogger

I had a Bank of America statement I was waiting to cut on February 11th. By February 16th, when I pulled my reports, everything was simpatico.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea, i think EQ just scammed me. 16.95 a month, first month 4.95 and as i look at the report, i noticed it says report does not update.  what the heck is that?? why would i want to pay 16.95 a month for the same report??? i think i need to look at it a little closer. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, that is for the 3-in-1. still, not a great deal

No, apparently it does not update. rip off.  But I do see that the PR is gone, so I guess that was worth 4.95 to see that. 

Message 8 of 12
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I have the EQ and it may not automatically but you can update yoru score yourself for free as much as you want...

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh really bridge? I guess I need to explore the site more.  I am a bit confused. Are those scores considered PLUS scores or FAKOs? There is a difference between scores on here compared to EQ site.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.