cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait before sending another GW to capital one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long should I wait before sending another GW to capital one?

I sent in a gw letter to cap one on Dec 26th, today I got the call and they told me that they reviewed the account and cannot make changes because they are reporting accurately. My request was that they remove the tradeline from 2011 which has been paid in full.

How long should I wait to send another one?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long should I wait before sending another GW to capital one?

I'm sorry to hear that santos. Did you send it to the EO? Try again in 30 days.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also sent a GW to capital one asking for some lates to be removed that are almost 1.5 - 2 years old.  I too was denied and was also wondering how long to wait before trying again.  They had stated the same thing to me - that the information was reporting correctly.  I wondered if maybe the recent success stories around here were because people sent them before the holidays were over?  Maybe they were in a generous mood during that time? Smiley Happy

At any rate, thank you for answering my question as well! 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I sent it to the EO. I'm gonna send another one like in a month. I'm determined to get it off my CR! Should I resend it to the same email.?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pm me where your sending it and I will confirm or update it for you.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Pm me where your sending it and I will confirm or update it for you.

Care to provide me with that as well, please?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to drege this back up again... I was also wondering if you all change the verbage of your letter for the second and subsequent letters you send a particular OC.  I can only imagine that if the same person at the EO got an identical letter from me - that they would simply trash it.  I'm not sure which direction to come at with subsequent letters.  

My first letter to Cap1 was emailed to the EO.  I will probably mail one this time.  When you mail a second letter - do you mail it to the same address?

Thanks!!

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to drege this back up again... I was also wondering if you all change the verbage of your letter for the second and subsequent letters you send a particular OC.  I can only imagine that if the same person at the EO got an identical letter from me - that they would simply trash it.  I'm not sure which direction to come at with subsequent letters.  

My first letter to Cap1 was emailed to the EO.  I will probably mail one this time.  When you mail a second letter - do you mail it to the same address?

Thanks!!

Yes change the verbiage and continue to mail to the office of the CEO

Message 8 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long should I wait to send another one?

I would at least wait a few hours before sending another. Smiley Wink

Honestly, as soon as I get some sort of a response, assuming it's a no, I send another GW out with slightly different verbage.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.