cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait before sending out another PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long should I wait before sending out another PFD?

Afternoon everyone, cleverguy more like, back in action on the board.

I just sent out a PFD about a week ago, on an old US Bank Charge off. How do you think it will be before I see any correspondence back ? I sent them a pay for delete request to delete if I paid in full. Not expecting miracles but thought I'd give it a go. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How long should I wait before sending out another PFD?

I would later the manner in which you request your PFD rather than repeating the same request format.

If your prior request was a vanilla letter, then perhaps a personal request directed to a mangement official would yield results, or at least a response.

In view of the clear CRA policy, as stated in their credit reporting manual, that furnishers are not to deleter priro reporting based on payment of a debt, many creditors and debt collectors set internal policies instructing uderlings to deny PFD and other forms of GW requests based on payment of the debt.

Thus, sending renewed requests that reach a metal desk are likely to reach the same fate.

I would obtain the name of a managment official who has the authoriyt to grant exceptions to their normal no-PFD policy.

If you cant get a specific name, then a letter to their executive office........

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I would later the manner in which you request your PFD rather than repeating the same request format.

If your prior request was a vanilla letter, then perhaps a personal request directed to a mangement official would yield results, or at least a response.

In view of the clear CRA policy, as stated in their credit reporting manual, that furnishers are not to deleter priro reporting based on payment of a debt, many creditors and debt collectors set internal policies instructing uderlings to deny PFD and other forms of GW requests based on payment of the debt.

Thus, sending renewed requests that reach a metal desk are likely to reach the same fate.

I would obtain the name of a managment official who has the authoriyt to grant exceptions to their normal no-PFD policy.

If you cant get a specific name, then a letter to their executive office........

Thanks mate, I'll keep that in mind. I'm just a bit eager. I've got the full balance in hand and want it out of the way, quick as it can get but I'll wait another week or two and if no response I'll look for someone higher up on the company food chain. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing. uS Bank is on my baddie list.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Subscribing. uS Bank is on my baddie list.

I'll pm you more address's I have.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.