cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait for a response for a PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long should I wait for a response for a PFD?

I sent a PFD almost 2 weeks ago and no response. How long should I wait before sending another letter?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JonGP3
Established Member

Re: How long should I wait for a response for a PFD?

I don't think it's to early to send another, I would put a time frame for them to respond. The typical PFD Template usually indicates they have 14 business days to reply otherwise you request full DV again. Send your letter Certified Mail and keep sending them twice a week until you hear something.

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JonGP3 wrote:

I don't think it's to early to send another, I would put a time frame for them to respond. The typical PFD Template usually indicates they have 14 business days to reply otherwise you request full DV again. Send your letter Certified Mail and keep sending them twice a week until you hear something.

Whatever template you found is wrong. A creditor never has to respond to a PFD. That's completely up to them. You can't force them legally to do so.

Unless you live in Texas a CA never has to answer a DV request either. They just have to stop all collection activity until they do answer.

BTW a CA has to answer a DV to someone who lives in Texas within 30 days. As far as I know Texas is the only state that has such a requirement.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A PFD offer is a private contract negotiation between you and the creditor or debt collector.  They dont have to accept or even reply.  They are not covered under the FCRA or the FDCPA.

A PFD is a form of good-will letter with conditional terms.  I would thus be careful about pestering them with renewed PFDs, as you are askihg for their good-will and not their animous,.  Two weeks is, in my opinion, too early to send a renewed PFD. 

I dont see any logical connection between a PFD offer and the DV process.  It is not a credit reporting or debt collection practices issue..

Did your GW include an offer to PIF?  The strength of your $$ offer might affect their willinglness to accept.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pfd letter was saying I would pay the full amount due which was 352 dollars. I am torn between waiting around or just paying it and sending GW letters after. I need this to be off my CRasap. I'm trying to buy a house over the summer and it is weighing badly on the CR.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.