Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait for an update?

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

How long should I wait for an update?

So I finished paying off a bunch of medical bills 40 days ago, which had also resulted in an ugly public record. I have checked my 3 in 1 reports from here, and the actual collections show as paid, however the public record still shows unpaid. 😕

I already called the Collection Agency(Dynamic Collectors) at the 31 day mark or so, and the nice sounding lady explained that they had to check over the paperwork first before sending to the courthouse to update the public record as paid.

My questions are:

1) How long does it really take to check paperwork before sending to the courts, and how much longer should I wait before doing the next step, whatever that is?

2) Assuming they keep doing nothing, what is the next step, and at what day number do I do it?

I've already called once, 10 or so days ago, which was already 30+ days after my final payment. Keep in mind I'd LIKE to goodwill these paid bills off my report, so I don't want to burn bridges, so to speak, but this 40+ day wait after my final payment seems a little excessive to me.

Also, I'm doing the monthly reporting from myfico as well as a couple other places, so I should definitely know when the reporting changes for my public record happen. I just don't know how long it takes myfico & other websites to send you an alert after a public record change happens?

I'm pulling my hair out here.

Also, another question, on early exclusions... will the cra's early exclude a public record, or does that just pertain to normal listed collections?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long should I wait for an update?

Patience is a virtue, but I'm with you, wish it would hurry up.  The timeframe is still OK, they take a little bit at times.  Start the GWs now since they are paid.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. 👍

Think I'll follow your advice on the gw's now since it will take my mind off the public record updating heh.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If thats a judgment I would see about filing a motion to vacate on grounds its been paid in the court that granted it, some states allow this to be done. Vacating the judgment has the effect of it never having been issued in the first place and it would be gone from your CRs now rather than later. You can request the EE on PRs just like COs or CAs.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.