cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to rebuild after the big jumps?

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

How long to rebuild after the big jumps?

I'm just wondering here. My scores are all in the low 600s following ch7 discharge in July. Right at the filing date I was in the high 400's to low 500s, and at discharge, it jumped and has jumped more when I added an installment loan (car loan) as well as when I got a few credit cards. Now that seems to have died down, so I'm wondering what I should expect for increases in the score. I'm not applying for anything for a while and I expect I should be at or around 700 within two years, hopefully sooner.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to rebuild after the big jumps?

@jason0618 wrote:
I'm just wondering here. My scores are all in the low 600s following ch7 discharge in July. Right at the filing date I was in the high 400's to low 500s, and at discharge, it jumped and has jumped more when I added an installment loan (car loan) as well as when I got a few credit cards. Now that seems to have died down, so I'm wondering what I should expect for increases in the score. I'm not applying for anything for a while and I expect I should be at or around 700 within two years, hopefully sooner.

Most of the time, with the recommended credit mix, it takes about 18-24 months to break 700.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 11 months in and pretty dang close to breaking 700.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm 11 months in and pretty dang close to breaking 700.

Severed - how much credit depth do you have?

Message 4 of 9
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I started in the mid to high 500's after chap13 discharge about 5 1/2 months ago.

Now I have 707, 699, 664 fico scores.

It didn't take me as long as I first thought (although I owe much of that to the wealth of info on these forums).

I was lucky enough because I had a pretty good credit history before filing, which also helped a little.

Though I am wondering when I will see a slowdown in the score increase and just what is the highest score I should realistically set as a goal...

I am not even dreaming about the 800 club until the BK falls off completely but would love to see 740's across the board within the next 6 months.?.?.?

Anybody think that this is not possible?

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has to be possible. I just took a look at my Fico score that Discover gives you for free and I had a 30+ point jump and i am at 675. Im so excited i love you guys and anything is possible. Lets encourage each other and make it to 700+. I need to update my sig.
Message 6 of 9
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

In the two months since posting, I've got from everything in low 600s to eq-632, tu-627 and ex-645.
Almost five months post discharge.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 7 of 9
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Right around 18 months for me.  This forum and it's members, NFCU and some discipline and patience went a long way in helping get where I am in a relatively short time.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.