Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to remove company from Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long to remove company from Credit Report

I know many people have asked this question, but I cant find one that pertains to me specific, so sorry for asking if it has been asked before. 

I thought that a old collections debt was "taken cared of" when I sent proof that I did in fact paid $119 to a hosting company. Well, when I went to get ready to buy a home, my first steps was to of course run my credit score, and boy was I in for a rude awaking. Anyway, I spoke to the debt management company, and agreed to pay it off again if they remove it from my credit report, they agreed and got this in writing from the company:

"This email is confirm our telephone conversation today. You agree to send us full payment for the collections account of $119 and we agree once that payment is received, clears our bank we will electronically notify the three credit bureaus to remove the account completely from your credit history. Here is our address to send the payment and be sure to write your account number on your form of payment"

So at this point, I have three questions:

1. Can they be trusted, to actually go and notify the three bureaus to remove the company from my credit history?
  2. will the three bureaus actually remove them from my credit score to get it back up again?
  3. how long does this usually take>

Other then this one thing, I don't have any other issues on my credit report, so its important that I get this taken care.

any help is appreated.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long to remove company from Credit Report

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

I'd trust them with a statement like that in writing.

Once the CA receives the money, removal time can vary. While some only update 1x/mo, there are many examples in here of them deleting inside of a few days after a successful PFD agreement and payment. If your CA is a common one, search in here and you can see other examples of others' PFD successes.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.