Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to update?

tag
AshCas
Regular Contributor

How long to update?

I paid Asset Acceptance on March 26th.

Ex and TU updated in the beginning of April to show the account Paid In Full/$0 Balance. 

Eq is showing that Asset Acceptance has not updated since the beginning of March, and still shows an outstanding balance, +120 Late, Open account.    It's been over 60 days...should it really take this long??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long to update?

It should have updated already. I would write a GW to Asset saying that you paid it and ask them to delete and I'd throw in a mention that even after a payment, they are reporting a balance on your CR two months later.

Message 2 of 5
AshCas
Regular Contributor

I've contacted them and they said they already submitted the paid info to the credit bureaus, and it was Equifax's fault that they hadn't updated.  I called Equifax and they're saying that Asset hasn't reported on the account since the beginning of March.

I dont want to have to open a dispute to get it updated, because then I have to deal with getting the dispute comment off.   Isn't there some guideline saying that CA's have to update information in a timely manner? 

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's somewhere in the FCRA, though I'll let RobertEG or others point out the statute.

Message 4 of 5
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Anyone know the statute?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.