cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait before rechecking credit reports?

tag
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

How long to wait before rechecking credit reports?

I am so impatient about finding out if any of the CAs or OCs that I have taken care of have been reported to update my credit reports!  How long should I wait before pulling my credit reports again?  I just want to know if I am making any progress!!! 

On another note, I received my RR back today from the DV I sent so I am hoping I will hear from them in the next few days. 

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Re: How long to wait before rechecking credit reports?

Scorewatch is a good option that comes with an additional credit report that you could use at any time and it will also update you on your equifax score changes. As far as transunion goes i usually check it on the 5th of the month if im expecting a change in score.

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 2 of 16
notyours
Contributor

i check mine everyday lol.. addicted...

GW success 30 day late removed from 2 store accounts.
waiting on Citibank SL GW response --
Message 3 of 16
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

It's really tempting to check them every few days, isn't it?

Message 4 of 16
notyours
Contributor

I check usaa in the morning and the other one in the afternoon.

GW success 30 day late removed from 2 store accounts.
waiting on Citibank SL GW response --
Message 5 of 16
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I check MPM nearly everyday. I love watching the changes. My new hobby.

Message 6 of 16
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

I am subscribed to ScoreWatch... lol  but I'm still going nuts waiting.  Patience is NOT one of my virtues!!  I guess I will wait a few more days... I doubt it would have changed too much at this point,.... the 2 were things that I paid the OC for and they were going to recall the debt from the CA's. 

It doesn't seem like my new secured cc will be reporting for another 45 days or so which stinks, I wish it would start reporting sooner!

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 7 of 16
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

You know...someone suggested this to me and I did this...I had forgotten about it already.  You could go online and start a dispute just so that you can see your CR. Don't finish the dispute...just use it to look at your most recent CR.

Message 8 of 16
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

@SSPA87 wrote:

I am so impatient about finding out if any of the CAs or OCs that I have taken care of have been reported to update my credit reports!  How long should I wait before pulling my credit reports again?  I just want to know if I am making any progress!!! 

On another note, I received my RR back today from the DV I sent so I am hoping I will hear from them in the next few days. 

I know right...i use SW but im chomping at the bit to repull TU. I know that 4 disputes have been deleted, and 1 repo GW, but i have one more "dispute" that the 30 days will expire on friday...the creditor already told me they wouldnt respond, so its a guarantee. pulling now to see all the other changes' impact will just cost me another 20 bucks...since id be pulling again friday anyway...

Message 9 of 16
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

I know, right?  I want to pull them often but I would rather save that money to put towards working on the other debt I have...  yet I sooooo want to know if anything is paying off!  LOL

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.