cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait before rechecking credit reports?

tag
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Re: How long to wait before rechecking credit reports?

I went ahead an tried this dispute method.  Have a question - it is showing in the inquiries :  ND - Equifax Consumer Services 2/23/13   -  what is this?  That means someone somewhere (Equifax) checked on my CR on Saturday the 23rd?  Why would they do that?  I didn't see anything on EQ that has changed so IDK what that inquiry on the 23rd is for?  It is a soft pull that doesn't harm me, but I am just confused?

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 11 of 16
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

well, if you get to know creditkarma...you can more or less track progress (score is FAKO, of course).

-your balances on open accts are updated daily (good to see when CC reports, etc)

-the 'total debt' would be everything, even CAs. So, if you know your balances, you can tell what happened that day. for example, the other day when my total debt decreased by 245.00, i knew that i won a dispute for a CA that had a balance of 245.00...so i knew which one it was

-good alerts too:

<<THIS ONE TOLD ME THAT THE DISPUTES FOR REMOVING THESE 2 AU ACCTS HAPPENED THAT DAY>>

Feb 24, 2013 The limits on 2 of your credit cards have decreased.

Credit Limit

The following credit card limits have decreased since your last score update on Feb 23, 2013:

Credit Card:   Balance: Previous Limit: New Limit: Change:

1. CITI N/A$3,500N/A-$3,500
2. CAP ONE N/A$1,000N/A-$1,000

<<THIS ONE TOLD ME A CC REPORTED NEW BALANCE>>

Feb 24, 2013 You have reduced your credit card utilization by 40%.
Credit Limit

Your credit card utilization has decreased by 40% since your last score update on Feb 23, 2013:

Feb 24, 2013 $550$28452%C

<<TOLD ME STUDENT LOAN CONSOLIDATION HIT CRAs>>

Feb 22, 2013 Alert: An account has been listed as improved.
Payments

Credit Monitoring Alert on Feb 21, 2013 - The following account is listed as having an improved payment status:

Type:   Payment Status:

1. Government Student Loans Current

When I the total debt reduce by 10,295.00, ill know that the repo has been removed. THEN IMA REPULL THAT TU BADBOY.

Wow, its hard times when youre hoping for an IMPROVEMENT to 5friggin50. Credit rebuilding more painful than the dentist...

Just sayin, CK is good when you figure out these things and read between the lines. Just refresh it every morning and read the alerts for the day before. When something major happens that youve been waiting for, then pull TU via MyFICO. Thats just what I do.

Message 12 of 16
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Interesting.  My CreditKarma TU fako is lower than my TransUnion Fico score.  Looks like I will just have to wait.  Both the items I paid that need to be recalled from collections are still on my CR.  Hopefully they drop off soon.

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 13 of 16
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

yeah, the score itself is useless, just the alerts and balances are worth it in my opinion.

thats just my ghetto po' boy TU tracking...no sense in paying for repulls when you dont know if anything actually changed.

Message 14 of 16
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

@Crossdivided wrote:

well, if you get to know creditkarma...you can more or less track progress (score is FAKO, of course).

-your balances on open accts are updated daily (good to see when CC reports, etc)

-the 'total debt' would be everything, even CAs. So, if you know your balances, you can tell what happened that day. for example, the other day when my total debt decreased by 245.00, i knew that i won a dispute for a CA that had a balance of 245.00...so i knew which one it was

-good alerts too:

<<THIS ONE TOLD ME THAT THE DISPUTES FOR REMOVING THESE 2 AU ACCTS HAPPENED THAT DAY>>

Feb 24, 2013 The limits on 2 of your credit cards have decreased.

Credit Limit

The following credit card limits have decreased since your last score update on Feb 23, 2013:

Credit Card:   Balance: Previous Limit: New Limit: Change:

1. CITI N/A$3,500N/A-$3,500
2. CAP ONE N/A$1,000N/A-$1,000

<<THIS ONE TOLD ME A CC REPORTED NEW BALANCE>>

Feb 24, 2013 You have reduced your credit card utilization by 40%.
Credit Limit

Your credit card utilization has decreased by 40% since your last score update on Feb 23, 2013:

Feb 24, 2013 $550$28452%C

<<TOLD ME STUDENT LOAN CONSOLIDATION HIT CRAs>>

Feb 22, 2013 Alert: An account has been listed as improved.
Payments

Credit Monitoring Alert on Feb 21, 2013 - The following account is listed as having an improved payment status:

Type:   Payment Status:

1. Government Student Loans Current

When I the total debt reduce by 10,295.00, ill know that the repo has been removed. THEN IMA REPULL THAT TU BADBOY.

Wow, its hard times when youre hoping for an IMPROVEMENT to 5friggin50. Credit rebuilding more painful than the dentist...

Just sayin, CK is good when you figure out these things and read between the lines. Just refresh it every morning and read the alerts for the day before. When something major happens that youve been waiting for, then pull TU via MyFICO. Thats just what I do.

Forgot about this one too:

view your accounts via quizzle.com (EX)...like CK its FAKO, but you can tell when an account updates (although quizzle only updates info 1x/mo so it wont be in real-time).

Balance: $304
As of: Jan 9, 2013 <----------

Open Account

So, my FPB updates EX on the 9th of the month. Im not 100% sure they update all 3 CRAs on same day, but I would think so (im sure its all just an automated upload to all of them at once).

Message 15 of 16
twall06
Frequent Contributor

I check my fico scores once a month. I would like to check them more often but feel like im throwing away money if I do that. On a good not I just my tu fico it went up 20 points this month.  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.