cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will GW deletions take to post to my FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long will GW deletions take to post to my FICO score?

Hello!

I'm in the process of buying a house, and though I've always had great credit, I had a couple of late payments crop up in the last couple of months that showed up right before closing on the final credit report they pulled. 

(Essentially, I had stopped using my credit cards and paid them off in anticipation of buying a house, and didn't realize I had Paypal connected to one, and Google Play connected to the other). 

SO! I called both cards, and they both immediately granted me a goodwill deletion, since I'd had a perfect history up to this point.

My question is - how long will it take the GW deletions to post on my credit report, and update my score? 

And - is there anything I can do to expidite that process? 

The woman in card services I spoke to mentioned it would take 48 hours... does that sound right to you guys? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long will GW deletions take to post to my FICO score?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello!

I'm in the process of buying a house, and though I've always had great credit, I had a couple of late payments crop up in the last couple of months that showed up right before closing on the final credit report they pulled. 

(Essentially, I had stopped using my credit cards and paid them off in anticipation of buying a house, and didn't realize I had Paypal connected to one, and Google Play connected to the other). 

SO! I called both cards, and they both immediately granted me a goodwill deletion, since I'd had a perfect history up to this point.

My question is - how long will it take the GW deletions to post on my credit report, and update my score? 

And - is there anything I can do to expidite that process? 

The woman in card services I spoke to mentioned it would take 48 hours... does that sound right to you guys? 

Once they actually submit the updates to E-Oscar its 3-5 business days for the updates if by manual submission 30-60 days. Sounds like they are going to submit it within 48 hrs. There is no way to speed up the process it has its own timeline.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.