Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long will it take?

With a score of around 560-570 I now have a fingerhut account recently opened and one secured card that is three months old always paid on time.... I am in the process of getting another secured card to continuously pay on time aswell.... How long will it take for me to atleast see a 600 score??? Will the second secured card really help if so which one should I get my first one is a capital one secured card.  I have two negatives one is portfolio recovery it is 700something I believe they may be reporting every month not certain on how i find that out.... on experian the status of all of my accounts besides the capital one secured say closed the negative ones Portfolio recovery says Closed, Payment status late, for payment history it has marks all the way until may saying failed to pay for each month prior until November of 2014. does this mean they're still reporting and I need them gone before I can really see score increase??? Also WHat if they wont do a pay for deletion

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Re: How long will it take?

Hello, if it were me I would concentrate on anything negative on my credit and take care of it and keep your utilization down under 3% you should see your 600 mark in as little as 4-6 months. Good luck and try to be patient as it takes time to earn the trust of lenders.
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the one still reporting can you tell from what I wrote??? I would deal with that one if it was still reporting
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest apping for an unsecured Cap One card now.

Message 4 of 5
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

@Country_Feller wrote:
Hello, if it were me I would concentrate on anything negative on my credit and take care of it and keep your utilization down under 3% you should see your 600 mark in as little as 4-6 months. Good luck and try to be patient as it takes time to earn the trust of lenders.

+1

If you can get a PFD, you could see a substantial increase in a short time as well.  Time is key.  Good luck to you on your journey.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.