Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long?!

So, my last collection acct was in 2009 for about $350.....they're giving me a hard time to resolve it because I'm out of state and it's a credit union and I don't trust mailing a payment without a PFD deal, in tact. Anyhow, I got denied because my credit hasn't been positive for a long enough time? No activity from 2009-2012 because I was paying stuff off and in school. 2013, bought a car but refinanced in March 2014, got two credit cards in March 2014, a personal loan in September 2014, and a CareCredit card for a dog emergency in November 2014. Everything gets paid frequently (before due dates & several times a month) and I'm making $80K.... Barclays and Chase denied me because it hasn't been enough time of positive credit behavior.... When is enough time? My app spree failed miserably. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long?!

@Anonymous wrote:
So, my last collection acct was in 2009 for about $350.....they're giving me a hard time to resolve it because I'm out of state and it's a credit union and I don't trust mailing a payment without a PFD deal, in tact. Anyhow, I got denied because my credit hasn't been positive for a long enough time? No activity from 2009-2012 because I was paying stuff off and in school. 2013, bought a car but refinanced in March 2014, got two credit cards in March 2014, a personal loan in September 2014, and a CareCredit card for a dog emergency in November 2014. Everything gets paid frequently (before due dates & several times a month) and I'm making $80K.... Barclays and Chase denied me because it hasn't been enough time of positive credit behavior.... When is enough time? My app spree failed miserably. Smiley Sad

You want to see about upgrading the Cap One QS1 card to a no AF Quicksilver account. 

Looks like you have adequate tradelines established, you just need to let them continue to age a bit longer. Give them another six months.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got bumped from the platinum to the QS1 in February.... I will wait 6 more months, thanks for the advice!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

P.S. Waiting sucks LOL
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that collection account updating on your credit reports?  If no, it's having relatively little impact on your scores.

With that said, if there seems even a reasonable chance of them doing a PFD, considering your income is $80K, pay the $350 and roll the dice. If the tradeline (TL) isn't removed after say 30-60 days, mail them a goodwill letter asking for the TL to be removed. May take some persistance (multiple letters, calling, etc), but often the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and even difficult creditors who typically don't do PFD will often relent and delete.

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would not app with Chase unless you have a clean report, so keep working on getting that CA removed. I am surprised at Barclays but they have been known to do this. As others have stated wait 6 more months then try again and I agree with that. Good luck in getting your collection taken care of Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For Barclays what is your overall Utilization? New INQ? They dont like that.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrOUOKC,  I don't have a Barclays card, now, but I have $16% utilization.....and 1 new inquiry 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ronpa, it still updating and they both mentioned it. I will try the persistent goodwill letter approach. Thanks for the tip!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gdale6, yeah apparently Chase was a bad idea....ugh, I gotta wait. Impatiently waiting.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.