Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Comenity is too many🙃

tag
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Re: How many Comenity is too many🙃

@pipeguy wrote:

In MY experience the answer to "How many Comenity is too many?" is 1.

+1 

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but what is the problem with them, if it is a place that you shop occasionally?    OS gave me a 2700 limit to start, and they have some great home goods.  I see no harm in store cards, if they are useful to you.   OS increases credit limits every 31 days.  They offer 6 months of no interest on some purchases.  

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kebeneezer88 wrote:
Most of the folks here discourage Milestone etc. I'm fed going to get Cap 1 secured. Just wondering what say all the experts on how many is too many for these Comenity cards, will it hurt having so many $250 lines and not using them really?

IMO, for rebuilding purposes Milestone is better than Credit One. I used it when I began rebuilding. The annual fee for me was 23.9%, no start up cost or monthly fee. There is a grace period on interest and if you PIF by due date, you pay no interest. The annual fee was 75$, which is obviously high. I kept it for a year and then canceled it. It reported to all 3 CRA's. It brought my scores up and served it's purpose. It's not a bad rebuilder card at all, IMO. You get a small $300 credit line for the life of the card. They do not offer CLI's.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, to many store cards could actually hurt your chances of getting prime cards when the time comes. Many people have 10, 15, and I have seen people list up to 20 store cards. Most in toy limit hell. IMO, having a bunch of store cards will not help ones chances of getting better cards, it could infact hurt ones chances. 

Message 24 of 29
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I have 4...the tiny limits don't justify the hit on AAoA

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, but what is the problem with them, if it is a place that you shop occasionally?    OS gave me a 2700 limit to start, and they have some great home goods.  I see no harm in store cards, if they are useful to you.   OS increases credit limits every 31 days.  They offer 6 months of no interest on some purchases.  

Do a my Fico forum search on recent Comenity and Total Rewards cards where they'll shut down cards for no reason other than you are not "profitable" enough to Comenity especially if you pay in full each month rather than be subjected to their high APR's. 

Nothing wrong with a few store cards, but in my opinion and experience GE/Sync cards are much better. 

Message 26 of 29
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The question was; "How many Comenity is too many"  No one said store cards, I have a couple store cards that I use regularly, they are just not Comenity products. It's a matter of preference for me, not to deal with Comenity at all. Run a search on "Comenity closed".

They closed my Orbitz with no warning or notice for too many inquiries, I had 12 at the time with 4 from Comenity, I stupidly apped in the beginning before I found this forum. I procededed to close my other accts, I don't want a card I may go to use & find it cancelled on the whim of Comenity. My Util is less than 2%, my cards are PIF monthly. The letter I received confirmed it was closed for too many inquiries, nothing else listed. Just my choice, I say no to Comenity.

Best wishes on your credit journey Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone's store cards with Comenity been closed?  All the incidences that I've read about closures with Comneity were for their Visa/MC products.  

Message 28 of 29
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone's store cards with Comenity been closed?  All the incidences that I've read about closures with Comneity were for their Visa/MC products.  

I read a couple threads from 2015 where all accts were closed, both store & Visa/MC. So, yes there have been store cards closed but majority I have read of recent are Visa/MC.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.