Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many GW letters does it take ...

tag
ceecster
Valued Member

How many GW letters does it take ...

I have one remaining baddie - a collection from 2007, only on EX and EQ, allegedly slated to drop in Sept of this year.  Because of a mortgage lender request, I paid the OC before I realized PFD was the better option with the CA.  SMH.  Now I am in GW hell ... sending a letter every two weeks since January and the CA just won't budge.  So - I am curious - who's got the most GW attempts with a single creditor before success?  10? 20? 50?  

In return, I promise to share my stats when the CA either caves and removes or it drops naturally.   Thanks!

Starting Score: 558
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How many GW letters does it take ...

@ceecster wrote:

I have one remaining baddie - a collection from 2007, only on EX and EQ, allegedly slated to drop in Sept of this year.  Because of a mortgage lender request, I paid the OC before I realized PFD was the better option with the CA.  SMH.  Now I am in GW hell ... sending a letter every two weeks since January and the CA just won't budge.  So - I am curious - who's got the most GW attempts with a single creditor before success?  10? 20? 50?  

In return, I promise to share my stats when the CA either caves and removes or it drops naturally.   Thanks!

Call the CRAs and ask that it be deleted early.... At this late stage this is not hurting you very much anyway so I would not even bother with the GWs.

Message 2 of 6
ceecster
Valued Member

I've called the CRA's several times - and will continue to try - but thus far - they won't delete early.  As for it hurting my scores - in Feb, my EX score dropped from 676 to 588 once the collection was paid because the activity updated.  My EQ score just took a plunge of 70 points - and the last "anything"  I can track is the paid collection updating there too.  Although - that also showed up in Feb, so am not convinced this is the culprit. 

I am not in a position to app for cc's right now - so to improve my scores again - not sure I have any other option other than to GW. 

Message 3 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Who's the collection agency?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 6
ceecster
Valued Member

AAMS, LLC out of Des Moines, Iowa .. also known as Automated Accounts Management Services.  Their primary business is medical collections.

Message 5 of 6
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@ceecster wrote:

TU seems to be the worst at tryin to get things removed early..for me anyway, so it's a plus that they don't have that account.   I am speaking by my own experience so YMMV, but if your EX report is showing a fall off date of September...then it may be tough to get them to delete any earlier than September...because usually their listed date is not the 7 year date...it is typically the earliest date that they are "allowed" to remove.  ...But, if September isn't an estimated date, then you have a pretty good shot at getting it removed 3 to 4 months early...May or June.   EQ on the other hand...who knows.  Their CSR's on the phone stick to the line that they cannot remove before the 7 year mark of DOFD, yet i've had 2 accounts removed 3 months early, and another account removed a month early, just a couple days after I called to ask them to remove early and was told they couldn't.   Idk your time frame and how soon you need that account off, but i'd continue sending GW's...up it to 1 every week or more and continue calling EX and EQ.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.