cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many addresses should I have on my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many addresses should I have on my credit report?

How many addresses should I have on my credit report? I am showing 8. I think I have collections companies that may be looking for me but are not reporting. I want to pay them, but don't want them to report. I at least want them to mail/call me prior. How am I sure if I have 8 addresses listed that they will reach me at the correct one? Should I dispute/delete all the old ones? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many addresses should I have on my credit report?

I have only my most recent and the one before that (because I've only been at this address for a year).
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have only my most recent and the one before that (because I've only been at this address for a year).

^^^^ +1

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that mean I should remove anything other than the last two? I have lived where I am for 2 years now and have 1 for 1 year before that. I have 6-7 others through the years listed. Thoughts?

Message 4 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm.curious about the answer to this. It wasn't anything I ever thought about before.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read in prior threads its best to remove old addresses, name mistakes, old phone numbers. Its less ammo for CAs to validate the account as accurate. In your case, it would benefit you to do this so they know where to find you.

I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but since its not a dispute related to any tradeline I don't think its too hard or unreasonable to ask the 3B to remove. 

In my case I am gettign ready to write a letter to the 3B to request they remove the old addresses, name mistakes, and old phone numbers. As evidence i will send copy of my DL and print out of my county central appraisal district to show how long my home has been in my name in essence proving I've been here for way over two years, and phone bill showing my phone number.

Edit: I'd like to add... When I said part about less ammo for CA's to validate... As an example, if a CA's derogatory tradeline is causing issues you can send them a DV letter. If all they have is your old info they would be unable to validate since previous to that you were smart enough to eliminate old info from your reports. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
xaustie
New Contributor

I have made changes such as incorrect birthdate, address updates, employer updates using the standard CRA online dispute mechanism. In the case of the mistaken DOB I was asked to upload a scan of my drivers license. Easy peasy.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just do your most recent and last address before that one. The easiest way for me was to just call and ask for a deletion. TU you can dispute online but it's really just requesting the deletion based on being old, EQ you can too but it'll ask you to fax your license and social over to change the personal info. But EX only lets you dispute on the basis of "not lived there" but I was weary that it would trigger a fraud alert so I just called. It was real easy and they sent me a notice the next day showing where everything was removed or updated.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling sounds easier. I'll do that Monday. Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.