Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many goodwill letters to send?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many goodwill letters to send?

I sent a Goodwill Email to about 8 people at Student Loan company to remove a late on credit report (CEO, and a few vice presidents / people that seemed to be in charge). The email was ignored by all the contacts but I was sent back a decline email from what seemed to be customer service.  Ive seen in other threads that people still send letters again requesting an adjustment even after theyve been declined.  What do you send in letters after being declined? Should I send the same letter over and over? Snail mail or email?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How many goodwill letters to send?

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent a Goodwill Email to about 8 people at Student Loan company to remove a late on credit report (CEO, and a few vice presidents / people that seemed to be in charge). The email was ignored by all the contacts but I was sent back a decline email from what seemed to be customer service.  Ive seen in other threads that people still send letters again requesting an adjustment even after theyve been declined.  What do you send in letters after being declined? Should I send the same letter over and over? Snail mail or email?

You put them on a schedule to get a letter, once a month, every other month, quarterly whatever you decide but not more than 1 a month. I did all mine snail mail and you want to send them to the highest official possible. You do want to change up each letter and mailing them makes it more personal. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.