cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many new accounts are too many for new credit obtained?

tag
dannyboy11

How many new accounts are too many for new credit obtained?

I have been trying to raise my credit scores and my credit limits. I also have a Target card at $400 limit 1.5 yrs old and a Walbobs account  $100 limit that is 1.5 yrs old. Should I close these to reduce the new credit impact? I also have newer account but they have $2500 & $5000 limilts. I want my credit back and every freakin point possible.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many new accounts are too many for new credit obtained?

I was told its BEST not to close your CC account especailly your average tradline is 1.5 year.  IT doesnt hard you to keep them and not use it, even if you doesnt use it the CC will report as good standing.  Only if you want to raise your score, if you dont care about your score you can close it but I recommend not to unless you paying rediculous of fee with them.

Credit score wont increase over night unless you have major changed in  your credit file.  Try to have a mixed account like installment loan (car loan or personal) Credit card etc..But not nesacerry, people in here have 800s score with only credit card. Everyone file and tradeline is different.

If you have 3-4 credit card, leave 1 credit card with 1-9% carry over balance and the rest of your CC is paid off this will help you increase your score faster.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.