cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many rounds of GWs before you give up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many rounds of GWs before you give up?

@electra wrote:

In my case it was a County Court for a traffic ticket which I was late paying.  I initially called (multiple times) and left messages.  I also sent a letter (addressed specifically to the revenue agent who had been assigned my case). No response.    I then called again, talked to the receptionist and asked for who I could talk to, she gave me the name of a different revenue agent.  I called and left messages for her and also sent another letter.  After a couple of messages, she called me back and said "we don't do that".  I asked her for the name of someone higher up to plead my case with and she refused to give it to me.   I was confused about how to proceed at that point, didn't know how to move up the chain since it was a government agency but through some poking around discovered that office is under the County Treasurer.  I figured out who the County Treasurer was and found an email for her.  Emailed her.  She said she would investigate and get back to me.  She responded with "I'd like to help you but it's illegal..good luck" in a nutshell.   I was pretty bummed, licking my wounds and figuring out my next step (talk to a County Commissioner?) when I got a phone call about a week later from ANOTHER person there saying she was deleting it!  Within a week or so it was off of all 3 reports!   Smiley Happy

Wow! That's great. Did you ever find out who the person who said they were deleting it found out about it?

Message 21 of 26
gummiebear
New Contributor

I have been reading all the posts I can find here about GW's to Cap One.  I was inspired to send an e-mail Sunday night. I started thinking "what if it goes into their spam!"  LOL!  So I also sent a letter to an address I was given by Cap One employee. I actually got a voice mail today from someone in the exec office but she didn't leave me any details.  I am wishing so hard that she says yes and deletes my stuff. I was thinking it must be a good sign that the execs called me (AND ACTUALLY RECEIVED MY E-MAIL).  Will definitely post my results.  (Fingers crossed!!)

Message 22 of 26
gummiebear
New Contributor

I got the collection item removed from my report for CapOne. Whoo hoo!!!  I'm trying to wait and see if they remove a paid judgement for the same company (they might). I don't understand why they put it on twice. It's been over 7 years. That just drags it out... should be illegal. Okay I made a mistake years ago and paid it off ... let 's move on!!!!  Anyway the young lady from exec office said she is sending me a letter. If they don't remove the judgement I'll send that letter to the credit bureas. If they still don't remove I'll try taking the letter to court, however as of now the collection item has been removed as a collection.

Message 23 of 26
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I will answer the original question.

1.  They respond with a yes.

2.  It ages off on its own.

3.  The USPS goes out of business and emails are no longer existent.

4.  They file harassment charges on me.

5.  Zombie Apocalypse

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 24 of 26
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I will answer the original question.

1.  They respond with a yes.

2.  It ages off on its own.

3.  The USPS goes out of business and emails are no longer existent.

4.  They file harassment charges on me.

5.  Zombie Apocalypse

+1

ROFL

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

until the usps runs out of stamps.

Classic!!!

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.