Regular Contributor
strong_lady

How many times should I keep PFD'ing?

I have been working on 2 credit agencies that I am trying to do a PFD  I want to get it over with and out of the way but I am wondering if I should just keep sending them and see what happens. 

The first one is to Credit Control Corporation.  I had a account that got turned over to them from Sudden link cable.  It was turned over to Credit Control in October 2008.  I have tried calling Sudden link to see if I can do a PFD  with them but they of course said no ... and that I would have to deal with the CA now.  I have sent a validation  letter as well as a pfd letter to the CA and all I got back was a validation letter

The second one is with NCO.  I am trying to get a nationwide account PFD with them though I have heard that they are the most difficult of collection agencies to deal with.  I sent them a validation letter and I am just waiting .. it has not been 30 days more like 2 weeks. 

I guess I am just impatient guys..lol

This is the new year and Im yearning for a change with my credit.

Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: How many times should I keep PFD'ing?

For the cable company, did you speak with a regular customer service rep or did you speak with an accounts receivable manager?

For NCO, I have heard many successful stories when it comes to PFD. You might have to e-mail one of the higher managers to get it done. But just keep on firing out the PFD and be patient.

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Valued Contributor
demed

Re: How many times should I keep PFD'ing?

NCO is good at PFD and follows through religiously.
Feb 08 550s - Oct 08 700s
Thank you MyFico!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+