Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times should I keep PFD'ing?

tag
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

How many times should I keep PFD'ing?

I have been working on 2 credit agencies that I am trying to do a PFD  I want to get it over with and out of the way but I am wondering if I should just keep sending them and see what happens. 

The first one is to Credit Control Corporation.  I had a account that got turned over to them from Sudden link cable.  It was turned over to Credit Control in October 2008.  I have tried calling Sudden link to see if I can do a PFD  with them but they of course said no ... and that I would have to deal with the CA now.  I have sent a validation  letter as well as a pfd letter to the CA and all I got back was a validation letter

The second one is with NCO.  I am trying to get a nationwide account PFD with them though I have heard that they are the most difficult of collection agencies to deal with.  I sent them a validation letter and I am just waiting .. it has not been 30 days more like 2 weeks. 

I guess I am just impatient guys..lol

This is the new year and Im yearning for a change with my credit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: How many times should I keep PFD'ing?

For the cable company, did you speak with a regular customer service rep or did you speak with an accounts receivable manager?

For NCO, I have heard many successful stories when it comes to PFD. You might have to e-mail one of the higher managers to get it done. But just keep on firing out the PFD and be patient.

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many times should I keep PFD'ing?

NCO is good at PFD and follows through religiously.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.