cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much are 4 old charge offs hurting me?

tag
growing123
Regular Contributor

Re: How much are 4 old charge offs hurting me?

To egscoach- from what I've read on here, you should be able to get the COs that you're an AU removed no problem.

Maybe one of the experts will confirm. Good luck!
Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 11 of 13
2NE1
Established Contributor

@burghpa wrote:

Charge offs are hard to get rid off.  You can continue to try with GW Letter, but most of the big banks  won't budge. My Scores should have been around 760 if couple of those charge off are removed.

if you burned BOA, Citi, Chase, your chances are less with GW Letter, I keep sending them, no luck so far.  Early removal may be an option.

I agree that CO are tough to get removed, but with perseverance and patience it can be done. I was able to get rid around 3 out of 5 CO from my report. I haven't given up on the last two left. Definitely learned my lesson not to ever let an account go to CO status!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have had success with Chargeoffs on Citi (Shell Credit card Acct) removed upon the account being sold to a JDB. Same goes for HSBC Cap1

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.